Haka is the identity federation for the Finnish higher-education and research institutions. Users are able to access federation services using a single user account and password. Affiliated users can employ the user IDs assigned to them by their home universities to access and use numerous services instead of having to maintain and use different account.
miniOrange provides secure access to sites for enterprises and full control over access of applications, Single Sign On (SSO) into your site with one set of login credentials.
How miniOrange SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On Plugin works with HAKA?
With miniOrange SAML plugin you can configure multiple IDPs registered with HAKA Federation. This allows the users to authenticate with these IDPs without any external software installation like Shibboleth SP, Gluu server. Get all your user details and choose to auto provision users if necessary all from a single installation of a plugin.
Advantages of using miniOrange SSO with HAKA Federation:
- 1. Easy to integrate. If your site has users from different universities and you want them to authenticate with their university account using HAKA then you can do that using this plugin. For example - if you have a site that have users from different universities, you can enable your users to sign in using their university account.
- 2. Easy to install. You only have to install and configure the Plugin once. This is useful if you are using hosting providers like WP-Engine which do not allow installation of any external software to the server.
- 3. Easy to manage. If you install Gluu server or Shibboleth a lot of customization will be needed to just to make it work and then yearly maintenance of the servers add up as well. In contrast the plugin is easy to setup and easily maintainable.
- 4. Cost effective. Installation of Gluu server or Shibboleth server is a costly affair. Yearly maintenance of the servers also add up to the cost. In contrast the plugin costs just a fraction of that.
- 5. Easy to use. Users have the ability to choose their university during login and authenticate using their university credentials.
Business trial for free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about Single Sign On (SSO).