Top 10 Identity and Access Management challenges for cloud
Cloud adoption is increasing day by day and so are its challenges. Identity and access management for cloud can be very challenging for companies due to various reasons.
- Windows domain Single Sign on to cloud apps - Your employees use a mix of Windows and MAC PCs and once they are logged into their machines using Active Directory (AD) credentials, they want to single sign on into various apps but can’t because Single Sign on (SSO) is not setup between windows and those apps.
- HR Driven Provisioning - You have all your employee data in a cloud app like Workday or ADP and you want your HR to handle provisioning when a new employee joins. This is not only important from a manageability perspective but also from a compliance perspective for your company.
- IAM product that is expensive to extend or integrate with - You may already have a single sign on solution like Okta, Ping, Centrify, Onelogin or older ones like Imprivata, RSA, TIM/TAM, Oracle Identity Manager, CA but its no quite working well because there are too many cloud apps that are not integrated with your IAM product and its expensive for you to integrate your IAM investment with those apps.
- Your employees use a mix of on-prem and cloud apps to single sign on into - The apps that your employees use are a mix of cloud and on-prem apps. Like Google apps or Exchange for email, Box, Dropbox or Drive for storing and sharing files, Salesforce, Zoho or Sugar CRM for customer relationship management and sales, ADP or Workday for payroll and HR related functions and lot of other applications. So although you have a few sign on eliminated but there are more popping up every day.
- 2 Factor authentication to prevent a security breach - Now that you use cloud apps, you are worried about a possible security breach and you are looking to use 2 factor authentication to protect your network but there are simply too many applications to protect and on top of that your employees access your network remotely. And your current single sign on solution does not have an inbuilt 2 factor system and is recommending a 3rd party vendor integration which is going to be costly for you.
- Inadequate security in a vendor or a 3rd party network -You may have protected your network adequately but your business depends on a number of vendors and 3rd party companies and their systems need to connect to yours but they are not adequately protecting their networks.
- All this security - What about usability? You want to implement all latest security measures like encryption, proxy, 2 factor authentication, single sign on but you don’t want to bother your users if they are coming in from known devices, networks or from within your office. You only want to challenge them if they are outside your network or office and if they are using unknown devices like an airport kiosk.
- De provisioning when an employee leaves - If an employee leaves your company, you simply do not have a handle on what all credentials to delete and from where, and this is causing a compliance issue.
- Proprietary Credential Store - You are a very small company and you couldn’t care less about identity and access management and you simply want to make single sign on work between your proprietary database or ldap and one of your applications and you cant figure out how.
- Integration with newer OAuth Providers - There are lots of examples on how to use a social login using Google or Facebook but you are in a different domain and there is this new OAuth provider that you want to use on your site but you have no clue on how to make that happen.
If you are facing any of the above challenges, miniOrange Security can help. We are the best in the industry for making your Identity and Access management problem go away and our solutions will be easy on your users and administrators as well as on your pocket. Look at these demos or Contact miniOrange today at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387
I am very interested in joining the SaaS developers network at TopTal