miniOrange provides secure access to SumoLogic for enterprises and full control over access of application. Single Sign On (SSO) into SumoLogic with one set of login credentials.
Single Sign On
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials, miniOrange provides Single Sign On (SSO) to any type of devices or applications whether they are in the cloud or on-premise.
Secure your SumoLogic app from password thefts using multi factor authentication methods with 15+ authentication types provided by miniOrange. Our multi factor authentication methods prevent unauthorized users from accessing information and resources having password alone as authentication factor. Enabling second factor authentication for SumoLogic protects you against password thefts.
miniOrange prevents frauds with its dynamic risk engine in conjunction with enterprise specific security policy. We support a combination of the Device id, Location and Time of access as multi-factor authentication that can detect and block fraud in real-time, without any interaction with the user.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for SumoLogic Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for SumoLogic
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console, go to Apps Tab from the menu and select Configure Apps.
- Select SumoLogic from the Application Name drop down menu.
- In the SP Entity ID or Issuer field, just enter: ACS URL for now.
- In the ACS URL field, just enter: ACS URL for now.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Click on Save to configure SumoLogic.
- Click on Download Certificate link to download the certificate which will be required later.
- Login to your SumoLogic domain as the Account Administrator.
- Click on Manage, and go to Security.
- Click on the SAML button.
- Enter the following details in the Configure SAML 2.0 section:
|Authn Request URL||https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samlsso|
|X.509 Certificate||Open the downloaded certificate in Notepad and copy the content here.|
|Email Attribute||Select Use SAML Attribute and enter Email in the field below.|
|SP Initiated Login||Check the option.|
|Login Path||Enter any value for your reference like "myLogin".|
|On Demand Provisioning||If checked, then enter the next three values.|
|First Name Attribute||Enter FirstName|
|Last Name Attribute||Enter LastName|
|Roles||Enter any roles you have made.|
|Logout Page||Check and enter: https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samllogout|
- Click on Save to save the settings.
- Again click on the SAML button under the Security section.
- Note down the SP Initiated Redirect URL as well as the Assertion Consumer (ACS URL).
- In the miniOrange Customer Admin, go to Apps and click on Edit for SumoLogic app in the table.
- Enter the details as shown:
- Enter the ACS URL as noted down from the SumoLogic SAML Configuration Page.
- In the Attributes section, click on the '+' icon besides Attributes to add a set of attributes and enter the value Email in the Attribute Name field and select E-Mail Address from the Attribute Value list.
- Click on the '+' icon again to add another set of attributes and enter the value FirstName in the Attribute Name field and select First Name from the Attribute Value list.
- Click on the '+' icon again to add another set of attributes and enter the value LastName in the Attribute Name field and select Last Name from the Attribute Value list.
- Click on Submit to save the settings.
Step 2: Create a policy for SumoLogic
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console, go to Policies Tab from the menu and select App Authentication Policy.
- Add a new policy for SumoLogic.
- Select SumoLogic from Application dropdown.
- Select a Group Name from dropdown - the group for which you want to add SumoLogic policy.
- Give a policy name for SumoLogic in Policy Name field.
- Select the First Factor Type for authentication.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Save button to add policy for SumoLogic Single Sign On (SSO).
- Now click on Onboard users into our system from View Policy Tab.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system.
- Download sample csv format from our console and create a CSV file containing your users in this format.
- Upload your CSV in our console via Bulk Upload.
- After uploading the CSV file successfully, you will see a success message.
- From Users/Groups menu, select Manage Users/Groups and go to On Boarding Status. Select users to send activation mail and click on send activation mail. An activation mail will be sent to the selected users.
Step 4: Register users into our system (End Users)
- Sign In to your mail and click on registration link that is valid only for 5 days. You will be redirected to our registration page.
- Configure your basic details.
- Configure any strong authentication method.
- Configure KBA (Security Questions) as your fallback method, in case you lost your phone this will get invoked and save your details.
- After successful registration, you will see a registration successful message.
Step 5: Now sign in to your SumoLogic account with miniOrange IdP following either of the two steps:
1. Using SP initiated login :-
- Go to SP Initiated Redirect URL as noted down earlier. Click on Sign In with miniOrange and you will be redirected to miniOrange IdP Sign On Page.
- Enter your miniOrange login credential and click on Login. You will be automatically logged in to your SumoLogic account.
2. Using IdP initiated login :-
- Login to your miniOrange Self Service Console as an End User and click on the SumoLogic icon on your Dashboard.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Aha!
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, track who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
Your choice of second factor
miniOrange authentication service has 15+ authentication methods.
You can choose from any of the above authentication methods to augment your password based authentication. miniOrange authentication service works with all phone types, from landlines to smart-phone platforms. In the simplest case, users just answer a phone call and press a button to authenticate. miniOrange authentication service works internationally, and has customers authenticating from many countries around the world.
For further details refer :
Business trial for free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about SumoLogic Single Sign On (SSO).